· Most customers who have unsatisfactory experiences will not complain… they will just never come back!
· Dissatisfied customers are likely to tell many others about their experience, who in turn probably avoid doing business with the offending merchant.
· The use of mystery shopping to provide independent and impartial feedback reduces any perception of favouritism in incentive programs.
· Mystery shopping helps determine whether customers’ actual experiences are as intended.
· Mystery shopping programs can identify areas of training which need improvement and can identify areas of training that work particularly well.